Cons of Living in Munich

❌ Way too expensive

❌ Gets cold in the winter

❌ Very damp now

❌ Very difficult to make friends

❌ Hospitals are not that great

❌ Many people smoke tobacco

• Discussion Fanatics

I was in Munich for 9 months and couldn't get used to the city. It's actually a small town for old and rich people. The flair is not international but terribly German-conservative. There is neither an interesting start-up nor a tech community. Many people are unfriendly when you speak English. The leisure activities outside Munich (nature) are nice, unfortunately there is not much going on in the city compared to London, Berlin or Barcelona. In Germany, everyone seems to want to go to Berlin, so if you don't, I recommend looking at Hamburg or Cologne - but unfortunately not Munich.

• Discussion Fanatics

I've lived in Munich for six months during my Erasmus internship. It is a great place to live generally offering high quality of life, and it would hands down be the best city to live in Germany if: -It wasn't expensive af, especially rent prices -It wasn't almost impossible to find a place to rent (like literally the only way to find is through acquaintances) -Bavaria was less bureaucratic and more tech-progressive -It had more... young people; much of the youth there is because of the two of the best unis in Germany (LMU & TUM) that receive many EU & International students, otherwise it would have been a city of old people. Everything else is pretty much great in Munich, which is quite liberal in an otherwise conservative state.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "Pros and Cons of Living in Munich Germany"

Tags

white check mark nomad list munich

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?