❌ Not much to do

❌ Gets cold in the summer

❌ Bad air quality today

❌ Not many Nomad List members right now

❌ Difficult to do business

❌ Roads can be dangerous

❌ Not safe for women

• Discussion Fanatics

joburg has been a great place to Nomad. Nice coffee shops in the Sandton Parkhurst and Rosebank area. Very friendly people and fast internet. Rent is pretty cheap. Not much of a nomad scene but there were a decent amount of online entreprenuers around.

• Discussion Fanatics

I have been to Jo berg twice. The last time being 3-years ago. Each visit was not pleasant as being in the city reminded me of being in Northern Ireland in the early 1980’s. I was in the British military and engaged in various bits and bobs in the most dangerous village in the country (based upon the number of security forces who lost there lives there). The reason I mention this is the ‘vibe’ in Jo Berg is exactly the same as it was in Northern Ireland’s ‘murder central’. The only exception is i was walking around without the comfort of a weapon in my hands and three other desperados backing me up (we operated in 4 man teams). I have had a look at the ‘scores’ section on Jo Berg and it is in no way representative of the situation on the ground. Whether you are an expat nomad or a whatever please understand that Jo Berg is not a place to go ‘sight seeing’ in unless you have a couple SUV’s rammed with black water personnel following you. Joking aside there are better places to live in Southern Africa.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "Pros and Cons of Living in Johannesburg, South Africa"

Tags

white check mark nomad list list members nomad

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?