• Discussion Fanatics

Also, of little or no avail. Of no use or advantage, ineffective, as in All his shouting was to no avail; no one could hear him, or The life jacket was of little or no avail. This idiom uses avail in the sense of “advantage” or “assistance,” a usage dating from the mid-1400s. Also see to little purpose.

• Discussion Fanatics

?

1. The football team tried to pull out a win even though they were forty points behind, but their efforts were to no avail.
    2. I tried to convince my mother to buy me the newest gaming console, but all of my reasonable begging was to no avail.

Secondly, what does it mean to have been found wanting? Definition of found wanting. : lacking all that is needed or expected The travel arrangements were found wanting.

Simply so, what does to my avail mean?

: to be of use or advantage : serve Our best efforts did not avail. transitive verb. : to produce or result in as a benefit or advantage : gain His efforts availed him nothing. avail oneself of or less commonly avail of. : to make use of : to take advantage of They availed themselves of his services.

Were not in vain meaning?

To say that something will not go in vain is to vow to be successful against whatever odds are arrayed against you. For example, “in vain” means not in fructification or fruitless, unsuccessful, unyielding, lacking substance or worth.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "What is to no avail mean?"

Tags

religion and spirituality islam avail advantage found wanting found efforts

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?