• Discussion Fanatics

If you use a Mac and Windows together, you're likely to end up with a bunch of hidden . DS_STORE files all over your Windows drives. You can easily search and destroy them all using this command: That will find every instance of this Mac resource file and delete it.

• Discussion Fanatics

DS_Store files are only used by the Finder to hold custom view settings for that particular folder. In most cases nothing will happen if you delete them, or at worst custom Finder view settings (icon size, position, background color, etc) will be lost.

Likewise, can I delete ._ files? Fortunately, deleting these files manually will not harm anything, but it can be very annoying to users to have these files constantly appearing. There are several ways to manage these hidden files, and prevent them from occurring.

Beside above, can I delete .DS_Store Files on Mac?

No data is lost by deleting the corrupted files as Mac Finder only creates . DS_Store files to store viewing options, such as the positions of icons, size of the Finder window, and window backgrounds. To delete a corrupted . DS_Store file, you will need to use Terminal.

How do I delete a DS store?

Recursively Remove . DS_Store

1. Open up Terminal.
    2. In the command line, cd to/your/directory.
    3. Finally, in the command line, type: find . -name . DS_Store -type f -delete . Press enter.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "Can I delete DS_Store?"

Tags

store files store files mac finder mac

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?