• Discussion Fanatics

On your High Definition (HD) TV, you may have thechoice of 1080p mode and 1080i mode. Both modes offer thesame pixel resolution: 1920 x 1080. The difference is in the scantype they use. The p in 1080p stands for progressivescan, and the i in 1080i stands for interlaced.

• Discussion Fanatics

The p stands for progressive scan, i.e.non-interlaced. When broadcast at 60.00 frames/s frames per second,720p features the highest temporal resolution possible underthe ATSC and DVB standards. The term assumes a widescreen aspectratio of 16:9, thus implying a resolution of 1280×720px (0.9 megapixels).

is i or 1080p better? 1080i has a resolution of 1920 pixels by 1080horizontal lines. 1080i was once the standard in HDTVs but no more.Its quality is not much better than the 720p TVs.1080p has a resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels, and itis a progressive scan, not interlaced, so it provides a picturewith a full 2.07 million pixels.

In this regard, what does P stand for in quality?

the p stands for progressive scan, i.e.non-interlaced. The term usually assumes a widescreen aspect ratioof 16:9, implying a resolution of 2.1 megapixels.

What is 720p and 1080p means?

The number always refers to the number of horizontallines on the display. Heres how the shorthand translates:720p = 1280 x 720 - is usually known as HD or HD Readyresolution. 1080p = 1920 x 1080 - is usually known as FHD orFull HD resolution.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "What does the i and p mean in 1080p?"

Tags

music and audio tv and film podcasts resolution progressive scan stands high definition scan

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?