• Discussion Fanatics

The name Mya is a new coinage of an uncertain derivation, possibly a respelling of Mia or Maya, or influenced by Myra. The origin of Mia perhaps goes back to ancient Egypt from the word “mry”, which means 'beloved. ' From Maya, the name could be derived from the Greek root “mai” which means 'great.

• Discussion Fanatics

Mya has been used in the United States ever since 1954, with over 59203 girls given the name in the past 200 years. Mya gained the most popularity as a baby name in 1998, when its usage went up by 645.8%. During this year, 1284 babies were named Mya, which was 0.0352% of the baby girls born in the USA that year.

how many people have the name Mya? There are 0.59 people named MYA for every 100,000 Americans. Based on the analysis of 100 years worth of data from the Social Security Administrations (SSA) Baby Names database, the estimated population of people named MYA is 44,697. The SSA data also shows that MYA is used as a girls name 100% of the time.

Similarly one may ask, what does Mya mean in Latin?

The name Mya is of Latin origin. The meaning of Mya is mine. It is also of English origin, where its meaning is mother. Mya is generally used as a girls name. It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Mya.

How do you spell the name Mya?

Comments

1. No No No.
    2. Spell it Mya pronounced like My-a.
    3. Maya is the traditional spelling and you are looking for the traditional pronunciation.
    4. Mya is pronounced My-a.
    5. Maia is just weird, not sure how to pronounce that one.
    6. I would do Mia.
    7. I would prn all of them like My-uh.
    8. Maya and Maia are both pronounced like My-ah.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "What is the meaning of the name Mya?"

Tags

pets reptiles mya named mya maya mya pronounced girls

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?