The short answer is no, youre probably not going to die from eating mold; you****ll digest it like any other food, and as long as youve got a relatively healthy immune system, the most you****ll experience is some nausea or vomiting due to the taste/idea of what youve just eaten.
Also Know, what happens if I ate moldy cheese? Dangers of eating moldy cheese Molds can carry harmful bacteria, including E. coli, Listeria, Salmonella, and Brucella, all of which can cause food poisoning ( 5 , 6 ). The symptoms of food poisoning include vomiting, stomach pain, and diarrhea. In severe cases, it may lead to death.
Also, what happens if you eat moldy food?
Ingesting a small amount of mold isnt likely to cause you any harm. However, mold itself can trigger an allergic reaction in those who are susceptible, and certain molds produce poisonous substances that can make you sick. If the mold isnt putting off toxins, youll probably just have a bad taste in your mouth.
Can you get diarrhea from eating moldy bread?
Its not just mold that can live on and in your food. Invisible bacteria can grow along with it. Bacteria can cause foodborne illnesses, with symptoms including nausea, diarrhea and vomiting.