• Discussion Fanatics

We have Dupli color shadow and what this is, it is a three step process that allows us to black out our chrome grille shell. As you guys can see we got couple of coats on the grille here already. You spray on a coat, let it set for 20 minutes. Every time you spray a coat on, the darker it gets.

• Discussion Fanatics

To paint over a chrome surface, start by sanding it so the paint is able to stick to it. Then, wipe down the chrome surface with wax and grease remover so its clean when you paint it. Once the primer is dry, apply automotive paint to the chrome surface using a spray gun or a spray paint canister.

Also, how do I paint my car black grill? How to Paint Plastic Grills

1. Place masking tape around the plastic grill if it is still attached to the car.
    2. Sand the grill using a red scuff pad.
    3. Wipe the grill with wax and grease remover and a towel.
    4. Spray the entire grill with a moderate coat of adhesion promoter spray.
    5. Apply three to five coats of paint to the grill.

In this regard, can I paint a chrome grill?

The chrome on the grilles are just painted plastic; media blasting would be best, but you can scuff and prime just like any other painted plastic surface. Pretty sure its plated and not chrome paint.

How do I make Chrome black?

To enable Chromes dark theme, just switch your operating system to dark mode. On Windows 10, head to Settings > Personalization > Colors and select “Dark” under “Choose your default app mode.” On a Mac, enable the system-wide dark mode.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "Can I paint my chrome grill black?"

Tags

hobbies and interests painting chrome paint chrome surface grill spray

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?