• How long does it take for a Brahma chicken to mature?

• Discussion Fanatics

They are also good egg-layers for their size. Considered a superior winter-layer, they produce the bulk of their eggs from October to May. The eggs of the Brahma are large and uniformly medium brown in color. The hens tend to go broody in early summer and will sit devotedly on their nests.

Also, why are Brahma chickens so big? Because of the breeds large size, Brahmas were initially used as a meat breed. Thanks to their docile personalities and wintertime hardiness, the large birds are easy to keep, making them a popular breed among hobbyists and breeders, alike. As egg layers, Brahma hens lay a significant amount of brown eggs.

Subsequently, one may also ask, how tall is a Brahma chicken?

To compare, the American Poultry Association Standard of Perfection states the standard brahma rooster is 2.5 feet tall, says Mejstrik, with pullets, hens, and roosters weighing 5 to 8 pounds.

Are Brahma chickens good to eat?

Well Brahmas are considered a dual purpose breed which means they can be used for meat eggs and ornamental. I have two brahmas, one rooster and one hen. My rooster is huge he is atleast 10 pounds and I love them both and could never eat either but they are really great birds and got tons of meat on them.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "How long does it take for a Brahma chicken to mature?"

Tags

pets birds brahma brahma chicken standard brahma brahma hens brahma rooster

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?