• Discussion Fanatics

A Minn Kota trolling motor will operate with any lead acid, deep cycle marine 12-volt battery/batteries. For best results, use a deep cycle, marine battery with at least a 110-ampere hour rating.

• Discussion Fanatics

Battery Type There are two specific types of deep-cycle 12-volt batteries recommended for use with trolling motors: Lead Acid Wet-Cell and AGM Batteries. Deep-cycle batteries are designed for discharging smaller amounts of current over a longer period of time and for more frequent recharging.

Subsequently, question is, what is the best battery for a Minn Kota 30 lb trolling motor? Mighty Max Battery 12V 35AH SLA Battery for Minn Kota Endura C2 - Trolling Motor Brand Product. ML35-12 SLA is a 12V 35AH Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) rechargeable maintenance free battery. Dimensions: 7.68 inches x 5.16 inches x 7.13 inches.

Also to know, what size battery do I need for a 55 lb thrust trolling motor?

To use an example, a 55 lb thrust motor unit has a peak power draw of 40 amps. If you use the trolling motor for 6 hours at average 50% load of 20 amps, the trolling motor will then require a battery load of 120 Ah.

Can I use a car battery for my trolling motor?

A car battery is 12-volts and can power your trolling motor. However, the length of time youll be able to do so will be a fraction of the time a designated deep cycle battery could do it, and the car battery will have a dramatically shorted lifespan if you choose to deep-cycle it for trolling applications.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "What size battery do I need for my Minn Kota trolling motor?"

Tags

sports fishing sports trolling motor minn kota battery lead acid trolling

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?