• For humans, eating certain lilies could cause a fatal reaction or death, the star lily toxicity is so well known it is known as the death camas. Other lilies make your mouth, throat, tongue and lips go numb if eaten. Aldehydes are found in lily fragrances and possibly may trigger allergy reactions.


  • Mildly Toxic Lilies Mildly toxic is a relative term. It refers to plants that produce a minor digestive reaction, such as diarrhea or vomiting, but not serious illness or death when eaten. Varieties of Zephyranthes lilies are toxic to people.

    Also Know, is Lily SAP poisonous? All parts of the lily, including flowers, fruit and leaves, are considered poisonous. Even the sap contained inside the leaves and stems can be an irritant. This sap may cause burning on your skin, or blistering on your mouth and esophagus if you chew and swallow the leaves.

    Likewise, is the pollen from lilies poisonous?

    All parts of the lily - including the stem, leaves, petals, stamens and pollen - are poisonous to cats. Even minor exposures (cat chewing on a leaf or getting pollen on his or her haircoat or whiskers) can be fatal.

    Can the smell of lilies make you ill?

    However, Oriental lilies such as Stargazer lilies are very fragrant, people either tend to adore their intense fragrance or really cant abide it. Sensitivity to the smell may cause a headache.

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!



This page shows discussions around "Is Lily pollen toxic to humans?"


Where is it?