• Discussion Fanatics

Some veterinarians and animal experts have posted dosage guidelines, typically 5-10mg per pound of your dog's weight, given every 12 hours. Dogs have trouble digesting coated aspirin, so give your dog aspirin with food if you want to help protect against stomach and intestinal irritation.

• Discussion Fanatics

The Merck Veterinary Manual recommends administering a dosage of 10-40mg/kg, however, this dose can vary depending on your dogs condition. You should always talk to your veterinarian before starting your dog on a drug like aspirin, as overdoses of aspirin can be fatal.

Also, what kind of aspirin can I give my dog? Aspirin Prescribed by Your Veterinarian In some cases, youll be instructed to purchase baby aspirin, also known as low-dose aspirin. Its still an NSAID and still poses risks, but can be given for short periods under the close supervision of a veterinarian.

Just so, how much aspirin can I give my 25 pound dog?

A dosage of 25 mg/kg every 8 hours resulted in serum salicylate concentrations varying from 12.5 to 17.8 mg/100 ml. It was concluded that a maintenance dosage of 25 to 35 mg/kg every 8 hours in optimal for the dog, based on extrapolation of data obtained in man.

Can you give a dog a 81 mg aspirin?

The answer to that question is no, you cannot give aspirin to your dog unless your veterinarian specifically instructs you to do so. This is because it is very easy to accidentally give your dog too much, as the difference between a proper dose and an overdose is quite small.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "How much aspirin can I give my 65 lb dog?"

Tags

aspirin dog give dosage veterinarian

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?