- Monaco, officially Principality of Monaco, French Principauté de Monaco, sovereign principality located along the Mediterranean Sea in the midst of the resort area of the Côte d’Azur (French Riviera).
- The city of Nice, France, lies 9 miles (15 km) to the west, the Italian border 5 miles (8 km) to the east.
- Monaco’s tiny territory occupies a set of densely clustered hills and a headland that looks southward over the Mediterranean.
- Many unusual features, however, have made Monaco among the most luxurious tourist resorts in the world and have given it a fame far exceeding its size.
Monaco has so much to offer, here are some of the things Monaco is known for.
- Casino de Monte Carlo: Soaking up the casino's glitzy history on a day tour, or rubbing elbows with the highrollers on an evening gambling spree.
- Formula One Grand Prix: Thrilling to the rhythm of revving engines at the world's most iconic motor sports event.
- Musée Océanographique de Monaco: Watching fish frolic, and diving into the history of underwater exploration.
- Palais Princier de Monaco: Whetting your appetite for royal living in the Grimaldi family's sprawling ancestral residence.
- Jardin Exotique: Wandering in a wonderland of exotic cacti, high above the sparkling Med.
- Monaco Open-Air Cinema: Celebrating balmy summer evenings with movies in a dramatic outdoor setting.