India is located in Asia.
The country of India is considered part of South Asia. Called the Republic of India officially, the country has an extensive coastline. With the Indian Ocean in the south and the Bay of Bengal in the southeast, the Arabian Sea is southwest of India. Myanmar, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, China, and Nepal surround India as well.
India’s GPS coordinates are a latitude of 20.5937° N, and a longitude of 78.9629° E. These coordinates show that India is located above the equator, in both the northern and eastern hemispheres.
In the north, India extends to a latitudinal coordinate of 35°30' N. This point is positioned on the Siachen Glacier, which is located in the Himalayas. In contrast, India’s southernmost extremity is up for debate. There are two potential southernmost points in the country, one of which is part of the mainland and the other of which is on an island offshore.
The southern point on the mainland of India is at a latitudinal coordinate of 08°06' N. This point is in the city of Kanyakumari, in the state of Tamil Nadu. The southernmost point off the shore of India is found on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands of India. Just north of the Indonesian island of Sumatra, this point has a latitude of 06°44' N. In particular, it is positioned at the tip of Indira Point on the Great Nicobar island.
To the east, India reaches a longitude of 97°20' E. The most extreme point in eastern India is in a city called Kibithu, found in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. To the west, India’s furthest point is Sir Creek, known as an estuary. With a coordinate of 68°03' E, this point is in the Indian state of Gujarat.
India has a square mileage of 1,269,212 square miles. India’s total area is broken down into land and water regions. There are about 1,269,212 square miles of land and 121,262 square miles of water. Compared to the other countries, India’s total area is the 7th largest.
About 1,361,140,082 people currently live in India. The population of India is the second largest population of all countries, following China in first place. With about 1,074 people per square mile, India also has one of the highest population densities.
Best posts made by happyswan218
Where is India?
Latest posts made by happyswan218
Top attractions in Alpnach
Here are some top attractions in Alpnach
- Pilatus Luzern (Schlossweg 1, Kriens)
- Swissminiatur (Via Cantonale, Melide)
- Ballenberg, Swiss Open-Air Museum (Museumsstrasse 100, Hofstetten bei Brienz)
- ECHO Trails (Unterguetschstrasse 24, Lucerne)
- Top of Europe (3801 Wengen, Jungfraujoch)
- Simplon Pass (Simplonstreed, Brig)
- Dreilaendereck Border Triangle (Westquaistrasse 75, Basel)
- Sightseeing Interlaken (In den Gaerten 6, Interlaken)
- Santis der Berg (Schwagalp, Urnaesch)
Top attractions in Buxton, Guyana
Here are some top attractions in Buxton, Guyana
- Guyana Zoological Park (Regent and Vlissengen Roads, Georgetown)
- Guyana Botanical Gardens (Vlissigen Road, Bourda, Georgetown)
- Guyana National Museum (North Road and Hincks St, Georgetown)
- Guyana National Park (Thomas Rd, Georgetown)
- Kaieteur Falls (Potaro-Siparuni)
- Stabroek Market (Water Street, Georgetown)
- Walter Roth Museum of Anthropology (61 Main Street, Georgetown)
- St. Georges Cathedral (North Rd, Georgetown)
- Georgetown Lighthouse (Water Street, Georgetown)
- Georgetown City Hall (Georgetown)
What is the best time to travel to Balzers ?
The climatic conditions for Balzers are continental, and the best time that you should see the region is between April and September. This is the main castle in Balzers and since it is a renowned destination you are sure that you will enjoy your stay in this region.
Best cafes in Linstead
Here are some of the top rated cafes in Linstead
- The Best in the West (Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril)
- Tastee Patties (cnr Constant Spring and Hagley Park Rds, Kingston)
- Jamaica Blue Cooroy (2A Emerald St, Cooroy)
- The Terrace at Jamaica Inn (1 Old Road Main Street, Ocho Rios)
- Jamaica (Avenida del Mediterraneo, s/n, Nerja)
- Juici Patties (36 St James St, Montego Bay)
- EITS Cafe (17 Mile Post Newcastle Road, Irish Town)
- Jamaica Patty Co (26 New Row, London)
What is the best time to travel to Winmalee ?
The best way to get from Penrith to Winmalee is to train which takes 56 min and costs USD5 - USD9. Alternatively, you can bus, which costs USD4 - USD8 and takes 1h 9m. Where does the Penrith to Winmalee bus arrive? Penrith to Winmalee bus services, operated by Blue Mountains Transit, arrive at Macquarie Rd opp Springwood Station.
What is the best time to travel to Bandar Lampung ?
June – August is the second busiest season for tourism in Bandar Lampung, so lodging and other accommodations may cost slightly more. Spring daily highs range from 92.7°F (33.7°C) and 89.6°F (32°C), which will feel very nice given the humidity and wind.
What is the best time to travel to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky ?
The Navy and fishermen mainly use the seaport of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. There are no regular passenger ferries to anywhere from this port. The only possibility to get to Kamchatka or leave it is the air flight. The airport is located in 20 km from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky in the village called Elyzovo. So the airport called “Elyzovo” airport.
What is the best time to travel to Saint Sampson ?
Thus is set in place Samson’s ultimate motivation for his mission to Guernsey and the other Channel Islands, to win the islands for Christ. Samson lands in Guernsey, probably accompanied by his cousin Magloire (later St Magloire patron saint of Sark)
Top attractions in Selfoss
Here are some top attractions in Selfoss
- Selfoss Geyser (Gesyir Center, Selfoss)
- Kerid Crater (Route 35, Selfoss)
- Sundholl Selfoss (Tryggvagata 15, Selfoss)
- Skalholt Cathedral (Skalholt, Selfoss)
- Ljosafoss Power Station (Ljosafoss, Selfoss)
- Golden Circle Route (South Region)
- Discover Iceland (Reykjavik)
- Dettifoss Waterfall (Lake Myvatn)
- Stefan Tour Guide in Iceland (Hringbraut 105, Reykjavik)
- Dogsledding Iceland (Mosfellsbaer)
- Hey Iceland (Sidumuli 2, Reykjavik)
- Another Iceland (Skogarhlid 12, Reykjavik)
- Ring Road (Iceland)
- Mountain Taxi (Skeidaras 10, Hafnarfjordur)
- Adventure Patrol (Flesjakor 13, Reykjavik)
- Kirkjufell Mountain (Road 54, Grundarfjorour)
- Lava Centre (Austurvegi 14, Hvolsvollur)
- Circle Air - Akureyri (Flugvallarvegur, Akureyri)
- Dynjandi (Fjallfoss) (Route 60, Hrafnseyri)
- Urridafoss Waterfall (Urrioafossvegur, Villingaholt)
- The Icelandic Horse Park Fakasel (Ingolfshvoll, Thorlakshofn)
- Star Travel (Strandgata 12 Culture house Hof, Akureyri)
Top attractions in Thomazeau
Here are some top attractions in Thomazeau
- The Citadelle (Milot)
- Papillon Enterprise (Rue Cassagnol Prolongee #14, Port-au-Prince)
- Musee du Pantheon National Haitien (Avenue de La Republique, Port-au-Prince)
- Bassin Bleu (outside Jacmel, Jacmel)
- Little Haiti (Miami)
- National History Park - Citadel, Sans Souci, Ramiers (Nord Department)
- A Paradise Cove Escape and Haitian Village Experience (Labadee)
- Sprinteur PTS (Port-au-Prince)
- Marina Blue Haiti (Moulin Sur Mer, Route National #1, km 78, Montrouis)
- Jet Ski Haiti (Route Nationale #1 - Km 78, Montrouis)
- Off Road Haiti (Route National #1., Montrouis)
- Safe Trips Haiti (Rues 20-21 K, Cap-Haitien)
- Voyages Lumiere (Grand Rue, Port-au-Prince)
- Museum Ogier-Fombrun (Rte National #1 Km 77, Montrouis)
- Marche de Fer (Cnr Grand Rue and Rue des Fronts Forts, Port-au-Prince)
- Labadee (Haiti)