Why did Kennedy blockade Cuba?
Best posts made by ticklishdog612
Latest posts made by ticklishdog612
RE: What does a typical Croatian look like?
Typical Croatian...About 61 and 1/2 inches tall,dark brown hair,brown/green eyes...in my experience.My moms side came over from Croatia. They are 100% Croatian. EVERY one (about 15-20) have more of an olive-type complexion that usually does not burn easily and a down-turned nose. Lots of the time the nose is a prominent feature. I also notice more of a heart shaped head. My experience from my family! Never met any other Croatians. Would love to know more about their physical! All of them are very beautiful people.They are often tanned,but they vary greatly in their appearance in different regions. I dont agree about heart-shaped heads,they are mostly long-faced,or just normal-headed,with neither too long or too round head. Nose in Croatians as a whole, is not especially prominent,it is average.Croatian people are descended from a mixture between indigenous people of the area before the arrival of Slavs during the 7th century (primarily Illyrians, romanized Illyrians and Celts, Liburni and others) as well as Slavic newcomers who gave the nation a name. Also, they came into contact with Italians, Germans, Hungarians, Czechs, Slovaks, Serbs and others, and some of them are, in fact descendants from these people, who eventually got assimilated.Many Croats look similar to other neighboring nations, esp. central or southern Europeans: Austrians, Czechs, Hungarians, Italians etc. There are many intermidiate types.Pitch black, platinum blond and ash blonde hair is almost non-existant. The most common is dark brown hair. Lighter shades of brown are also quite common. Blond hair percentage corresponds roughly to the American or European average, so its present, esp. in the north as well as some islands and runs in many families, but not very common. Red hair or hair with a reddish cast percentage is roughly the average in Europe, so pretty rare. Freckles also pop out now and then, but are not as common as in Northern Europe. Northern areas are, as a rule fairer than southern, though there are exceptions. Also Southerners are as a general rule, taller. As a whole, Croats do tend to also have a peculiar facial structure and several recognizable types, but this is appearant only to other Croatian people who recognise each other. For others, they mostly look like a mixture between various European people.Croats look like an average Central European people with a touch of Mediterranean. Most frequent sub-racial types are Nordic,Alpine,Dinaric and Mediterranean. Overall, nothing special, our looks correspond to our geographical location,although we look somewhat more northern-European than other southern European and Balkan countries. Southern Croatia is mostly of Mediterranean type,mixed with indigenous Paleolithic and newly brought Slavic types,mostly Nordic.
Holidays in Romania
There are around 19 holidays observed in Romania.
Here is the list of holidays in 2021
- Friday Jan 01, 2021 New Years Day is a National Holiday
- Saturday Jan 02, 2021 Day after New Years Day is a National Holiday
- Sunday Jan 24, 2021 Unification Day is a National Holiday (Little Union Day)
- Monday Mar 01, 2021 Martisor is a Not A Public Holiday (The traditional beginning of Spring)
- Friday Apr 30, 2021 Orthodox Good Friday is a National Holiday (From 2018)
- Saturday May 01, 2021 Labour Day is a National Holiday (International Workers Day)
- Sunday May 02, 2021 Mothers Day is a Not A Public Holiday (1st Sunday in May)
- Sunday May 02, 2021 Orthodox Easter Day is a National Holiday (Movable)
- Monday May 03, 2021 Orthodox Easter Monday is a National Holiday (Movable)
- Sunday May 09, 2021 Fathers Day is a Not A Public Holiday (2nd Sunday in May. Not a public holiday)
- Tuesday Jun 01, 2021 International Childrens Day is a National Holiday
- Sunday Jun 20, 2021 Orthodox Pentecost is a National Holiday
- Monday Jun 21, 2021 Descent of the Holy Spirit is a National Holiday (50 days after Orthodox Easter)
- Sunday Aug 15, 2021 St Marys Day is a National Holiday ()
- Tuesday Nov 30, 2021 Feast of St. Andrew is a National Holiday (Saint Andrew is the patron saint of Romania)
- Wednesday Dec 01, 2021 National Day is a National Holiday (Great Union Day)
- Saturday Dec 25, 2021 Christmas Day is a National Holiday
- Sunday Dec 26, 2021 Second day of Christmas is a National Holiday
RE: What does the name French Guiana mean?
THE ULTIMATE ANSWER IS French Guiana fast factsArea: 89,150 square kilometers (34,824 square miles)Population: 199,509 (July 2005, estimated)Population density: 2.2 per square kilometer (less than 1 per square mile)Capital: CayennePopulation: 50,600 as of 1999.
RE: What is the map symbol for a national capital?
The symbol for national capitals is usually a star enclosed in a circle. Other cities are represented by different symbols, which often represent an approximate population number. Maps almost always have a key that tell you what each symbol means.
What are some famous Ugandan dishes?
Here are a few popular Ugandan dishes. Please share your favorites as a reply.
- Teso Kyere Finger Millet Varieties (Millet)
- Nswaa (Insect Dish)
- Ankole Long-Horned Cattle (Beef)
- Luwombo (Meat Dish)
- Kikomando (Vegetable Dish)
- Nsenene (Insect Dish)
- Matoke (Plantain)