• You shouldn't eat mold on bread or from a loaf with visible spots. Eating moldy bread could make you sick, and inhaling spores may trigger breathing problems if you have a mold allergy.

  • The short answer is no, youre probably not going to die from eating mold; you****ll digest it like any other food, and as long as youve got a relatively healthy immune system, the most you****ll experience is some nausea or vomiting due to the taste/idea of what youve just eaten.

    Also Know, what happens if I ate moldy cheese? Dangers of eating moldy cheese Molds can carry harmful bacteria, including E. coli, Listeria, Salmonella, and Brucella, all of which can cause food poisoning ( 5 , 6 ). The symptoms of food poisoning include vomiting, stomach pain, and diarrhea. In severe cases, it may lead to death.

    Also, what happens if you eat moldy food?

    Ingesting a small amount of mold isnt likely to cause you any harm. However, mold itself can trigger an allergic reaction in those who are susceptible, and certain molds produce poisonous substances that can make you sick. If the mold isnt putting off toxins, youll probably just have a bad taste in your mouth.

    Can you get diarrhea from eating moldy bread?

    Its not just mold that can live on and in your food. Invisible bacteria can grow along with it. Bacteria can cause foodborne illnesses, with symptoms including nausea, diarrhea and vomiting.

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "Can eating moldy bread make you sick?"

Where is it?

Browse By Countries