• Discussion Fanatics

A jack stand pair means that with BOTH jack stands under the same side of the car (either front or back) that it can hold 2 tons (4000 lbs). For a regular passenger car you should be fine just using one jack stand on one corner of the vehicle.

• Discussion Fanatics

2 ton is the safe working load limit the jack is rated for. You shouldnt have any problem with the weight, but usually a 4 wheel drive vehicle is rather high off the ground, so a small jack usually isnt very stable at the fully extended hight.

Furthermore, can I use a 2 ton jack on a 3 ton car? TOM: Yes, you do. Our rule of thumb is that a floor jack needs to be rated for at least three-quarters of a vehicles gross weight. So, according to our rule, a one-and-a-half-ton (3,000-pound) jack could lift a car that weighs as much as 4,000 pounds -- or two mothers-in-law.

Simply so, how many ton jack stand do I need?

A good rule of thumb is to buy jack stands that can hold the double the weight of your car. As an example, if you have a 4000 pound (2 tons) Mercedes S55, your jack stands should be able to hold at least 8000 pounds (4 tons) total.

Is a 2 ton jack enough for f150?

I use a 1.5 ton aluminum jack to work on the F150 and Edge 90% of the time. You put the jack under the lower A frame behind the front tire and jack up under the shock tower. A 3000# jack will easily lift one front tire of the truck. A 2 ton jack should be able to lift 1 wheel for a tire change.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "Is 2 ton jack stand enough?"

Tags

automotive motorcycles jack ton jack ton jack stand car

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?