• Discussion Fanatics

A: The growling is almost certainly normal and is the result of peristalsis. Peristalsis is coordinated rhythmic contractions of the stomach and intestines that move food and waste. It occurs all of the time, whether or not you are hungry.

• Discussion Fanatics

My stomach makes the loudest and strangest gurgling noises all the time— even when Im not hungry! A noisy abdomen does not necessarily mean you are hungry. The digestive system causes stomach sounds, known as Borborygmi, when air or fluid is moving around the small and large intestines.

Furthermore, why does my stomach make gurgling noises all the time? The abdominal sounds you hear are most likely related to the movement of food, liquids, digestive juices, and air through your intestines. When your intestines process food, your abdomen may grumble or growl. Hunger can also cause abdominal sounds.

Similarly one may ask, how can I make my stomach stop growling when Im not hungry?

Fortunately, there are several ways to stop your stomach from growling.

1. Drink water. If youre stuck somewhere you cant eat and your stomach is rumbling away, drinking water can help stop it.
    2. Eat slowly.
    3. Eat more regularly.
    4. Chew slowly.
    5. Limit gas-triggering foods.
    6. Reduce acidic foods.
    7. Dont overeat.
    8. Walk after you eat.

Why is my stomach making noise?

When people hear their stomachs make noise, most of what they hear is gas and intestinal motility, the normal movement of the intestines. Even when youre not eating, your gut is moving. Another cause of stomach noise is air produced in the intestinal tract, which is most often due to poor absorption of nutrients.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "Why does my stomach growl but Im not hungry?"

Tags

medical health digestive disorders stomach eat intestines hungry noise

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?