• Discussion Fanatics

A paddle attachment is the ultimate multipurpose attachment for your stand mixer and can serve most of your baking and mixing needs. They are the default attachments in a stand mixer for basic mixing and creaming.

• Discussion Fanatics

With or without any special attachment or mixer or spoon, room temp soft butter to cream together with sugar is the key! Happy baking! Using a fork, or large spoon can be as effective, if not as fast. Mix with a big spoon.

Similarly, can I use whisk instead of paddle attachment? The wire whip is ideal for anything youd use a whisk for, like eggs, meringue, etc. The paddle is perfect for this like cake batter and cookie dough that you dont want to over mix. Tldr: yes, you can use the whisk attachment, but make sure your ingredients are at room temp first.

Also to know, when would we use the paddle attachment for a mixer?

You may have even used it without knowing what it was called. However, not all mixers come with attachments so if you need to purchase one separately, the paddle is a must-have.

Uses for Paddle Attachments

1. Mix brownie, cookie, and cake batters.
    2. Make frostings.
    3. Mash potatoes.
    4. Mix ingredients for meatloaf.
    5. Pull pork.

Can I use a hand mixer instead of a stand mixer with paddle attachment?

The only real substitute for a paddle attachment, I think, is a wooden (or silicone or plastic) spoon, just like great-grandma (or my own mother, who never had a mixer anyway) used to do it. A hand mixers blades slice through the mixture instead of really beating it.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "What is a paddle attachment for a mixer?"

Tags

food and drink barbecues and grilling paddle attachment paddle attachment mixer stand mixer

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?