• Discussion Fanatics

Conch is typically sold cooked and frozen, so to make this salad, simply defrost the frozen conch and cut it into bite-size pieces.

• Discussion Fanatics

You can freeze it, but over time it will lose some flavor. I bought conch uncooked from the supermarket and have it in my freezer.

Likewise, can I freeze seafood salad? Whether they have a fish, pasta, egg or a poultry base, it is not a good idea to freeze salads that contain mayonnaise. The end result is a salad that does not have the same texture and consistency as it did prior to freezing. Instead, the salad becomes an oily mess upon thawing.

One may also ask, can I freeze ceviche?

No, to freezing ceviche or cooked fish.

Is the conch in conch salad raw?

The key ingredient in Bahamian conch salad- the conch- is a true treasure of the sea. Its raw, white meat comes from the regal looking pink-lipped and spiral-shelled Queen Conch (pronounced “konk”, not “konch”).

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "Can you freeze conch salad?"

Tags

conch conch salad salad freeze bahamian conch

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?