✅ Very friendly to LGBTQ+

Cons of Living in Prague

❌ Too expensive

❌ Gets cold in the winter

❌ Difficult to make friends

❌ People don't speak English well

❌ People smoking tobacco a lot

• Discussion Fanatics

I visited Prague on more than one occasion and tried something new each time. I really wanted to enjoy it but unfortunately it turned out to be one of my least favourite cities. Perhaps it was just me, but there was an overwhelming sense of distrust and dislike towards foreigners, you have to try pretty hard to blend in if you want to experience the life of a local & avoid the tourism. I met some wonderful people and and there’s some cool communities to be part of, but another extended stay just isn’t for me.

• Discussion Fanatics

My husband and I spent about 6 weeks testing Prague in Nov-Dec 2018 as we were considering it as a semi-permanent base of operations for the next year or two. Honestly it was great and we plan on leaving Malta where we have been for the past year. Pluses - transportation is very good and quite cheap tons of restaurants, lots to do. People are more reserved, perhaps even a bit suspicious, so I would not say it was an OVERLY welcoming vibe, however there are a lot of expats from the US, CA, UK and more, so I did meet some very nice people and there is a good Expat network there. Not very racially diverse, I noticed this very quickly. Language is somewhat of an issue - unlike say France or Spain where you can figure out some words - in Czech you won't have a clue. Overall though - 2 thumbs up for us!

• Discussion Fanatics

Possibly the best city to live in Europe especially in the summer. It's clean, people are friendly, lots of cafes to work, fast internet, lots of Airbnb's, and it's relatively cheap.

• Discussion Fanatics

Prague is super awesome it’s a very beautiful city. However, I have learned two things about Prague which I want to share with future travelers and nomads, they are: - Only use ATMs that has the word “Bankomat” on it, all the other ATMs have really high fees or commission and may even in some cases support organized crime. - if you need to call the police for some reason, because of e.g. robbery or physical injury, make sure to call the state police or ask for the state police and not the municipal police. The municipal police can be very corrupt and in some cases support organized crime. That’s my advice, take care.

What is discussplaces?

DiscussPlaces is a place to make new friends and share your passions and interests. Quench your thirst for knowledge, discuss places with other aficionados, and swap recommendations. Are you an aspiring foodie who dreams of living in New York? Or perhaps you are looking for the best chicken wings in Cincinnati? Then this is the place for you! Any one can join in with a passion or interest – whether it be talking about their favorite restaurant in Barcelona or raving about their latest trip to Italy. Join us!

This page shows discussions around "Pros and Cons of Living in Prague, Czech Republic"

Tags

white check mark nomad list list members prague people

Add a quick comment about your valuable suggestion to help us improve.

We are glad to make you happy, kindly share this feedback with your friends and family to know as well

Where is it?